Saturday, September 24, 2011

Coming of Autumn

It's the 24th of September (been together with my fiancé 2 years and 2 months today, btw), and despite the sun, the weather is grey and cloudy. The Ice Queen and King Winter are surely making their way towards us, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had covered our country in snow in a month or so.

In the coming month, all I will do is prepare for the cold and the dark that they bring. I hate the winter. I hate the snow. I hate the cold. So I must prepare. I'll need a lot of candles. There's nothing like lightning a few candles in the darkness. Scented candles are a must, of course. I need more movies. More videogames. More books. Anything that can give me warmth and joy and take my mind away from the white, icy world outside. I need to prepare.

Some of my TV-shows are starting again. Grey's Anatomy has started its 8th season, and Supernatural its 7th.

In the coming months, my wallet will be empty because of new videogames. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, as well as the remake of the very first Halo, and Xbox 360 remakes of the three first games of Metal Gear Solid.

In my shelves there are a lot of books, many of them still unread, and even more on their way through the mail.

Perhaps I will survive this winter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment