Monday, January 23, 2012

Visor

I tried to tint the visor on my Hasbro bucket today.

Good news is that the plastic tint works wonders. It makes the visor way darker - almost black - and as long as it's light outside it reflects the view from the outside. I tried taking some pictures and it looked really cool.

Bad news is that it's f***ing difficult to get it on right. The way it is now, the plastic is all messed up on parts of the visor. I thought it looked kind of nice, though. It made the visor look sort of cracked and damaged. But then again, it's supposed to be a Mandalorian. No way they would let their visor remain damaged, right? So yeah, I guess I'll give it another go.

I tried with one piece of plastic first. Didn't work at all. So I have two pieces now; one across the entire "eye-part" and one down the "nose-part". (Yeah, I'm really good with words.) Next time I'll use three pieces. One for each side on the "eye-part". I think it will be easier to straighten out.

Pictures!




Yeah, see what I mean about that f***ed up part?
But on the other hand, that reflection effect is kind of cool, right!?

Oh well. At least I've tried. And now I know what does not work. Time to try something else.

And still no word about my money... It's driving me insane. I want to get on with this costume! I want to at least get started on the bucket. But nooo, the system has to be as slow as ever... *insert rage noise here*

x o x o

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Cool stuff you've got here. I love the helmet, what kind of "tint" did you use to make it darker? I haven't been able to find that anywhere...
    I'm from Hamar, btw, always nice to find people doing this kind of stuff "locally..." In Norway, at least!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! :)
      I bought the darkest tint I could find on Torshov. Just regular window tint for car windows, it says "Solux window film".

      Delete
  2. Ah, thank you! I realize at times that I never look at the REALLY obvious options x)
    Oh, btw; you should check out http://chicotino.blogspot.com/ , if you haven't already! Norwegian cosplayer/blogger, awesome girl:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, that's just typical, isn't it ;)
      And thanks, I'll check it out :D

      Delete